You’re not alone…
If you want to talk to someone in confidence, we’re here to support you.
The Counselling Service at City of Wolverhampton College is here to give you the opportunity to explore, discover and clarify ways of living a more satisfying and resourceful life.
Counselling offers a safe and confidential environment where thoughts and feelings can be explored at a pace that is comfortable for you. You can feel listened to and understood without being judged; through this experience you can move your life in a direction that is right for you.
WHAT DOES COUNSELLING INVOLVE?
• Counselling takes place at the request of the client
• Meetings take place in a private and confidential setting
• Your appointment will last about 50 minutes and you will have the opportunity to return if you wish
• We hold information about a range of external support services and can give you details or make a referral
• We can help you talk to other people who can support you
WHAT CAN YOU TALK ABOUT?
• Anxiety or confusion about any aspect of your life
• Worries about your health or well-being, eg eating disorders or long-term illness
• Fears for your personal safety
• Relationship problems
• Maybe difficulties at home are making life uncomfortable for you
• You may be worried or upset about your partner, friends or family
• Someone close to you may have died or be seriously ill
• You may feel under pressure because of work, studies or exams
• You may feel down or depressed and be unsure why
HOW TO BOOK A CONFIDENTIAL APPOINTMENT
Call into the Student Hub at Paget Road, Wellington Road, or Metro One and ask to book a counselling appointment at the front desk. You need only give your name and contact number. You won’t be asked to give details of your personal circumstances – these will be discussed with the Counsellor.
Counsellors will not pass on any information you share with them to anyone else unless you agree, or unless they believe you or anyone else to be at risk of harm.
STANDARDS OF SERVICE
• The service works to the Ethical Framework of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
• The service is for college members and is confidential and free
• Counselling staff are fully qualified and experienced in listening and supporting students through a variety of situations
THE COUNSELLORS & OPENING TIMES
Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Evening appointments available on request
HOW TO FIND US
Staff are based in the Student Hub at:
Paget Road Campus
Paget Road, Wolverhampton WV6 ODU
Tel: 01902 317689
Wellington Road Campus
Wellington Road, Bilston WV14 6BT
Tel: 01902 821558
Metro One Campus
Bilston Street, Wolverhampton WV1 3AH
Tel: 01902 821313
Counselling may be available at other campuses, please contact us by telephone or email to make arrangements.