A Level Biology
Course Code BIOA2500023391
Study Mode Full Time
Duration Two Years
Campus Paget Road Campus
Are you keen to learn more about how our bodies work, how cells work together and allow our bodies to function, and how all of this works with the environment?
Do you enjoy analysing and solving problems?
Do you want a rewarding and challenging career?
Then Biology is right for you!
Biology happens all around us, it governs who we are. As you understand it more, you can appreciate how much every bit of our lives depends on our understanding of this.
By taking Biology you develop some very useful skills that can be applied well outside of the subject discipline; these include problem solving, numeracy and practical skills as well as developing a broad scientific background. As a result it is a highly respected and useful qualification for higher education and employment in a wide range of areas.
We have an excellent achievement rate on this course and excellent feedback from our past students. In fact, some of our past students have gone on to become pharmacists, optometrists and doctors. Our students have been accepted to study at university medicine, bio-medical science, pharmacy, dentistry and optometry.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Five or more GCSEs at grade C including English and maths and a grade B in science (specified at higher grades depending on individual subject choices)
During this course you will study:
- Cells, exchange and transport (AS)
- Molecules, biodiversity, food and health (AS)
- Practical skills in biology 1 (AS)
- Communications, homeostasis, and energy (A2)
- Control, genomes and environment
- Practical skills in biology
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your interest in and enthusiasm for biology, including developing an interest in further study and careers in biology
- Appreciate how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society
- Develop and demonstrate a deeper appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of how science works
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of biology and how they relate to each other
You will be assessed through externally assessed written papers and coursework practical units.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in a whole range of science related careers from laboratory work, research work to engineering, dentistry, pharmacy and medicine
- Progress on to university to study for your chosen career, or seek employment
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |