A Level Product Design
Course Code PDSAS50022167
Study Mode Full Time
Duration Two Years
Campus Paget Road Campus
Are you passionate about discovering the properties and uses of materials? Are you interested in designing and creating your own products using a range of techniques and machinery? Then this is the right course for you!
A Level Product Design focuses on creativity and sustainability where you will explore ideas of originality and value, question and challenge and envisage what could be. All modern designers have to consider sustainable issues when designing new products. A sign of our modern technological age in which we live is that human actions have had a negative impact on our environment. New products provide solutions rather than add to the existing problems of extractions of natural resources, pollution from manufacturing and disposal of large amounts of waste products.
Product Design is a course to enthuse future designers with a passion for designing their futures.
Five or more GCSEs at Grade C including English and maths, with Design Technology preferable but not compulsory
During this course you will study:
- Portfolio of Creative Skills (AS Level)
- Design and Technology in Practice (AS Level)
- Designing for the Future (A level)
- Commercial Design (A Level)
By studying this course you will:
- Use of tacit knowledge and reflective practices in order to work with tasks that are challenging and often require definition
- Develop and sustain creativity and innovative practice
- Recognise and overcome challenges and constraints when working towards the production of high quality products
- Develop a critical understanding of the influences of the processes and products of design and technological activities and from a contemporary and historical perspective
- Draw on and apply knowledge, understanding and skills of production processes to a range of design and technology activities
- Develop an understanding of contemporary design and technology practices
- Use digital technologies and information handling skills to enhance their design and technological capability
You will be assessed by two exams and two coursework portfolios.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in a range of areas including teaching, engineering and design
- Progress on to Higher Education, employment or an apprenticeship
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |