Access to HE Diploma (Computing) - Open College Network West Midlands
Course Code ACPDP40003814
Study Mode Part Time | Part Time
Duration One Year | One Year
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Paget Road Campus | Wellington Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
If you are 19 or over and want to pursue a higher education qualification in a computing-related subject but lack the necessary qualifications to go to university our Access to Higher Education Diploma (Computing) will give you the skills you need to go on to a HNC, HND, Foundation Degree or Degree.
The Access to Higher Education Diploma is widely recognised by universities and bridges the gap between existing education and what is needed to study at degree level.
This intensive programme is for adults who wish to further their studies in a computing-related subject. It provides the underpinning skills to enable students to return to the world of learning by building the skills and confidence necessary for success in higher education and future career progression in computing.
To succeed on this course you will need to be committed and focused and have a zest for learning, as well as good time management skills, particularly if you work and have family responsibilities.
Before you embark on the course it is important that you know what you want to study at university, have thoroughly researched your chosen course and attended university open days.
If you want to pursue a career in the computing/IT sector our Access to Higher Education Diploma (Computing) will set you on the road to a great career
Ideally, you will need to have GCSEs grade C (4) or above in English and maths, however, if you do not possess these qualifications, you will need to demonstrate the following in a rigorous admissions process:
- level 2 maths skills via online assessment and.
- level 2 English skills through online and written assessments
You will study a range of modules including:
- Computer hardware & networking
- Website development
- Software design and development
- Study techniques and preparation for higher education
You will also develop your ICT skills.
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of the underpinning skills, knowledge and academic conventions needed for Higher Education
- Learn how to research, design, plan and write educational assignments as well as developing your critical and evaluative thinking skills
- Develop an appreciation for the promotion of active reading to identify relevant information and take part in discussions and debates based on informed reading
- Develop your analytical skills to give you the confidence to participate in verbal and written educational debate
- Develop your practical skills and appreciate the need for attention to detail
Assessment is through a combination of assignments and examinations. Assignments may include: essays, presentations, group work, discussions, peer observations.
The skills you will learn on this course will enable you to progress into Higher Education or find employment
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |