Beauty Therapy Diploma Level 2
Course Code BY2DP50090768
Study Mode Full Time or Part Time | Full Time
Duration One Year | One Year
Campus Metro One Campus | Metro One Campus
If you're interested in beauty and want an exciting career in the industry this course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to become a fully qualified beauty therapist and provide treatments to customers in beauty salons and spas or to passengers on a cruise ship.
You will learn a broad range of skills - including beauty treatments, waxing, manicures and pedicures - and provide treatments to clients in our fully equipped industry-standard beauty salons, which use reputable brands such as Elemis, Sienna X and Orly.
You will use your skills to raise money for charity and will provide treatments in local hospitals, get the chance to put your skills to the test in national and international competitions, and meet beauty companies and get additional training during an industry week.
You will also learn how to deliver first class customer service and promote products to clients, as well as the importance of health and safety in the workplace - all of which will impress future employers and equip you for a dynamic career in the beauty industry or with the knowledge you need to progression to a higher level of study.
You will be required to complete 30 hours of work experience during the course - and will be reposnsible for securing a placement at a relevant location - which will give you the opportunity to experience working in a commercial setting and enhance your skills.
You will also take part in an industry week during which you will have the opportunity to meet employers - such as Steiners or the Simply THE group - and take part in workshops and gain certificates for additional treatments and products such as gel nails or Thai massage.
The course includes a weekly tutorial session with your career coach to provide support and guidance and discuss any issues or concerns you may have, iStudy sessions where you will work through online resources to develop your knowledge and understanding, directed study to give you the opportunity to develop knowledge of mental health, employability skills and British values, as well as maths and English sessions to help you improve these important skills.
We have excellent feedback from our past students and some have gone on to become spa therapists at Hoar Cross Hall Spa or to work as therapists for Steiners which operates beauty spas on luxury cruise liners.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above OR
- Successful completion of a full level 1 study programme
You will also be required to purchase your own beauty kit and uniform - order forms will be provided before the start of the course.
During this course you will learn how to:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Demonstrate client care and communication skills
- Diagnose skintypes and conditions to prepare for facial treatments
- Perform reception duties
- Provide manicure and pedicure treatments
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Promote products and services
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Perform manual and spray tanning treatments
- Provide head massage
- Apply make-up
By studying this course you will:
- Understand how different beauty treatments work and how they are applied
- Develop your confidence in dealing with a wide range of clients
- Improve your communication and customer service skills
- Gain valuable team working by working as a member of a team in a commercial salon
- Develop your understanding of the health and safety in the industry
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme - you will be observed working practically, have assignments throughout the course and complete online tests to assess your knowledge.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career asa beauty therapist in the industry
- Choose to specialise in a specific area - eg nails or make-up
- Progress to a Level 3 beauty qualification such as spa, nail enhancement or body massage
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |