Cyber Security Level 2
Course Code NW2TD60308783
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time
Duration One Year | One Year
Campus Paget Road Campus | Wellington Road Campus
This qualification is for learners who want to start a career in Digital Technology. It is designed for post-16 learners and can be taken as part of a wider study programme. It is an ideal qualification for learners intending to progress directly to employment in Digital Technology, IT or to an IT apprenticeship. This is ideal for learners who want a practical based qualification in the new and developing field of cybersecurity.
To access this course you are required to have:
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, including maths, English and one technical subject such as science, IT, graphics, design & technology, etc OR
- Level 1 ICT-related qualification at distinction/merit level
All the content of the qualification is mandatory and relates directly to the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers in the retail sector. The units include:
- Set up and Configure Technology Systems
- Explore Current and Emerging Technologies
- Security Protection and Risk Management
- IT Service Solutions
- Networking Tools and Applications
- Installing and Maintaining Networks
Learners will also cover broader skills in literacy and numeracy, which will help them to progress. Learners will develop other transferable technical and practical skills in communication (working with colleagues, customers and clients), and research and project work (giving them the opportunity to show reflective practice by suggesting different approaches to solving a problem).
- Understanding IT network features and functions, common practices in network security, and the function and features of the main network appliances
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems
- IT service solutions and the issues encountered in IT solutions in an organisation
- Use of ethical hacking techniques to test the security of a network
- Creating and maintaining a network
You will also work closely with employers to gain understanding of their security measures and to develop your professional skills. You will be expected to complete work experience during your studies to further increase your understanding of the IT sector.
You will also develop your maths and English skills throughout the course. If you do not have a grade C or above in English or maths, you will be required to study maths and English alongside the main programme. If you do have a grade C or above, directed study will be a requirement of the course to further develop these skills.
There will be 2 external assessments and 4 internal assessments. The external assessments are onscreen tests and/or a task set and marked by the awarding body. Formative assessment will be a combination of reports, presentations, group work, witness testimonies and observations.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the computing and IT field in a range of roles including Network Engineer or Network Support.
- Progress on to a level 3 computing course.
- Progress onto an apprenticeship within the IT sector.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |