Early Years Educator Level 3 Certificate
Course Code EY3CE60140008
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time
Duration Two Years | Two Years
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Wellington Road Campus
If you are interested in the care, learning and education of children, young people and their families, the Early Years Educator Level 3 Certificate qualification will give you skills and knowledge to work in a professional capacity in a variety of settings.
The qualification is suitable for anyone wishing to become a qualified early years' practitioner or progress into areas such as early years' teaching, primary teaching, nursing or social work.
The course offers you the opportunity to develop both your academic and personal skills with study sessions in the classroom and opportunities to put your learning into practice on a work experience placement.
Successful completion of the course will give you a licence to practice and enable you to work unsupervised or in a supervisory capacity in the child care and early years' sector.
We have good success rates for this qualification and receive positive feedback on the course with many of our students are offered jobs through their work experience placements or successfully obtain places at a range of universities.
Past students often return to us to complete their Foundation Degree and some have gone on to become teachers, social workers, children's centre managers, lecturers and assessors as well as attaining various roles within Wolverhampton City Council's children's services departments.
Throughout your course you will have opportunities to enhance your learning by hearing from guest speakers from across the sector including children's centre staff and managers, health staff, safeguarding professionals and employment agencies, as well as getting advice and guidance on UCAS and university applications.
This is a two year full-time course.
To access the course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English OR
- A good pass in a Level 2 early years qualification, including completion of all placement requirements, English and GCSE grade C or above and maths at Level 1
You are also required to have:
- Practical experience within an Early Years environment
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Minimum 90% attendance from previous academic establishment
- Satisfactory references
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Positive relationships
- Positive environments
- Child development
- Professional practice
- Child protection
- Promoting children's rights
- Play and learning
In addition, you will get the chance to take part in additional activities to enhance your learning throughout the year.
By studying this course you will:
- Develop an understanding of the importance of engendering and promoting positive relationships with children and adults
- Learn how child development and learning strategies are closely linked
- Develop an appreciation of the importance of praise, encouragement and challenge for children
- Develop your confidence in providing meaningful and enjoyable activities across a variety of age ranges
- Understand how safeguarding is applied in the early years' sector
- Improve your observation and reflective skills whilst working with children
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group displays and presentations
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme - both during and at the end of each unit - through written assignments, observation and simulated practical assessments.
40% of the course will be assessed through your work experience which is a compulsory part of the course - you must achieve a minimum of 800 hours in a variety of work settings to enable you to gain a license to practice.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in early years' education in a variety of roles including as a qualified classroom / teaching assistant or early years practitioner
- Progress to an HNC/HND or Foundation Degree
- University degree
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |