Emergency First Aid for Children HSE Level 1
Course Code BFACEZ0002081
Study Mode Part Time | Part Time
Duration Two Weeks | Two Weeks
Campus Paget Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
If you are a parent, carer or work with children this course will teach you how to provide basic first aid if they are injured or become ill.
This is a part-time course delivered over 1 x 2-hour session for two weeks.
We have a 100% success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our students, many of whom have used their skills to gain positions as care workers or progressed to further health studies and become nurses and midwives.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for children
- Injury assessment with children
- Illness assessment with children
- Accident management
- Health and safety regulations
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of dealing with accidents and injuries
- Learn how CPR works with children
- Develop an appreciation for the correct action to take in an emergency
- Develop your confidence in dealing with injuries
- Understand how first aid skills are applied in the work environment and in life
- Improve your personal skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in practical activities
Your learning, knowledge and understanding will be continually assessed throughout the course.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you:
- Provide first aid to infants and children
- Pursue a career in the care industry
- Progress on to a health-based course
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |