English Functional Skills
Course Code EL2FS60001409
Study Mode Part Time
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
Would you like to improve your spoken or written English skills?
Are you keen to progress and move forward in your career?
If so, this is the course for you!
Our English Functional Skills course will equip you with the basic practical skills required in everyday life, education or the workplace.
The course will enable you to read, write and speak confidently and independently enabling you to achieve your aims and ambitions.
There are no entry requirements to undertake functional skills qualifications. However prior to starting the course you will be asked to attend an assessment to ensure that you are placed on the correct level course for you.
During this course you will study:
- Speaking and listening skills in a variety of situations
- Reading techniques to help you read and understand more effectively
- Writing techniques to enable you to write in many different situations
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of writing techniques
- Learn how interpret information for different meaning
- Develop an appreciation for reading
- Develop your confidence in speaking by being able to deliver presentations
- Understand how English is used in work and daily communication
- Improve your listening skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities throughout the course
You will assessed through continual assessment of your speaking and listening skills and two 45 minute exams that you will sit when you are ready.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you use your English, Maths and ICT skills effectively to progress to a range of other courses at the college or get a job.
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |