Introduction to Beauty Therapy Diploma - City & Guilds Level 1
Course Code HB1DP50063467
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time
Duration One Year | One Year
Campus Metro One Campus | Metro One Campus
If you're passionate about beauty and want to work in the industry the City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma will teach you the practical and theory skills you need to become a Level 1 qualified beauty therapist.
You will gain skills in a range of areas including skin care, make-up, manicures and pedicures, as well as important customer service and communication skills which will set you on the road to a successful career in the industry.
Whilst studying the course you will also benefit from enrichment activities to develop your skills further, such as IBD Just Gel Polish, ear piercing and taking part in the STudent Council, as well as hearing from speakers who visit the college to talk to students about working in the hair and beauty industry.
You will also get the chance to showcase your skills by taking part in a range of colelge events and external competitions, such as WorldSkills UK.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Basic make-up application
- The art of photographic make-up
- Nail art application
- Skin care
- Themed face painting
- Providing basic pedicure treatments
- Providing basic manicure treatments
- Presenting a professional image in the salon
- Creating a hair and beauty image
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Health and safety in the salon
- Personal and social development
- Functional skills in English and maths
By studying this course you will:
- Develop skills to be able to perform specific beauty-related services.
- Gain knowledge in anatomy and physiology relevant to various services.
- Develop customer care and communication skills to deal with enquiries, retail, consultation, complaints and all forms of client care.
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Continuous assessment of practical tasks
- paper-based tests to assess your knowledge and understanding
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in beauty therapy and related industries
- Progress to a Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Progress to a Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Beauty
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |