IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair Level 2
Course Code MV2DP50098184
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time or Part Time
Duration One Year | One Year (FT option)
Campus Paget Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
If you want to work in the motor vehicle industry as a vehicle service and repair technician this course will teach you skills to enable you to work in a fast-fit centre. You will develop skills in the specialist areas of basic vehicle diagnostics, light vehicle servicing and repair, and complex mechanical repairs, and will put your learning into practice in a realistic working environment in our modern industry-standard motor vehicle workshop.
On completion of the course you will be able to apply for a job at a fast-fit centre, pursue and apprenticeship in the industry or progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair or another motor vehicle- related qualification.
We have a modern, well-equipped motor vehicle workshop where you will get the chance to use your practical skills by working on a range of different vehicles in a realistic working environment under the supervision of industry-qualified tutors.
Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to take part in a range of additional activities to enhance your learning such as industry visits, hearing from inspirational speakers, taking part in fundraising events and showcasing your talents in competitions such as the prestigious WorldSkills UK competition.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Level 1 motor vehicle qualification
- Suitable industry experience
- An interview at the college and complete an assessment to determine your level of knowledge
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Light vehicle servicing
- Remove and refit camshaft
- Cooling systems
- Air supply and exhaust
- Wiper mechanisms
- Battery charging
- Engine starting
- Vehicle inspection
- Health and safety
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about vehicle servicing processes
- Find out about component removal and refit processes - such as suspension and brakes
- Gain an understanding of how electrical systems in vehicles work
- Learn how engines and components operate
- Learn about the maintenance and use of tools
- Find out about basic fault diagnosis and rectification
- Improve your customer service skills
- Learn about health and safety
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation of practical tasks, written assessments, assignments, research and on-line tests.
Successful completion of the qualification will enable you to:
- Get a job as a vehicle service and repair technician in a fast-fit centre
- Pursue an apprenticeship in the motor vehicle industry
- Progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |