IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair Level 3
Course Code MV3DP50098147
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time or Part Time
Duration One Year | One Year (FT option)
Campus Paget Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
Get on track for a career as a fully qualified vehicle repair technician with the Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Service and Repair.
The course will further develop your knowledge of fault diagnosis and repair and advanced electrical systems in a motor vehicle, enabling you to carry out a wide range of repairs.
You will gain an appreciation of the importance of the day- to-day operation of a commercial garage and develop skills in customer service, as well as learning about the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
You will also attend classroom-based sessions to learn about the principles behind automotive systems and use your knowledge in a realistic working environment while servicing and repairing vehicles in our modern industry-standard workshop.
On completion of the course you will be able to apply for a job as a vehicle repair technician, pursue an advanced apprenticeship in the motor vehicle industry or progress to a higher level motor vehicle qualification.
We have a modern, well-equipped motor vehicle workshop where you will get the chance to use your practical skills by working on a range of different vehicles in a realistic working environment under the supervision of industry-qualified tutors.
Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to take part in a range of additional activities to enhance your learning such as industry visits, hearing from inspirational speakers, taking part in fundraising events and showcasing your talents in competitions such as the prestigious WorldSkills UK competition.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) OR
- Level 2 motor vehicle qualification OR
- Suitable industry experience
- College interview/assessment
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Heated screen
- Electric window
- Brake light circuit
- Engine mechanical
- Poor start fault
- Braking systems ABS
- Customer needs
- Suspension fault
- Heavy steering
- Heater blower
- Health and safety
By studying this course you will:
- Lean how electrical systems work in modern motor vehicles
- Identify and rectify complex vehicle faults
- Gain an appreciation of service receptionist roles such as customer service and ordering parts
- Discover the importance of time management and working to time scales
- Work as part of a team in a commercial environment
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation in practical sessions, written assessments, assignments, research and on-line tests.
Succesful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Gain a job as a fully qualified vehicle repair technician
- Pursue an advanced apprenticeship in the motor verhicle industry
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |