Maths Functional Skills
Course Code MATF250123245
Study Mode Part Time
Duration 20 Weeks
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
Would you like to improve your maths skills? Are you keen to progress and move forward in your career?
If so, this is the course for you!
Our Maths Functional Skills course will equip you with the basic practical skills required in everyday life, education or the workplace.
The course will enable you to develop practical maths skills to help you in everyday life and enable you to achieve your aims and ambitions.
There are no entry requirements to undertake functional skills qualifications. However prior to starting the course you will be asked to attend an assessment to ensure that you are placed on the correct level course for you.
During the course you will develop ways to help you use maths skills more effectively in a variety of situations in life, study and work.
Depending on your level you will study some or all of the following:
- Working with numbers using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Working with data eg graphs, charts, data trends etc
- Shape and space eg area, perimeter and volume
By studying this course you will:
- Gain confidence and develop your understanding of working with numbers
- Learn how interpret information for different meanings
- Develop an appreciation for how maths relates to everyday life
- Develop your confidence in working with numbers
- Understand how maths skills are used at work
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities throughout the course
You will be required to sit an exam before the end of your course.
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Progress to a range of other courses at the college use your English, Maths and ICT skills effectively in real situations
- Get a job
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |