Course Code MATGC50079165
Study Mode Part Time
Duration One Year
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
Are you keen to progress and move forwards in your career?
Would you like to improve your maths skills and gain a GCSE qualification?
If so, then this is the course for you. You will be able to enhance your maths skills and use these confidently and independently in life and work settings to help you achieve your aims and ambitions.
To access this course you are required to have:
- A previous GCSE at grade D for the resit course
- An assessment is given prior to starting the course to ensure that this is the right course for you
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Working with numbers using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Working with data eg graphs, charts, data trends etc
- Shape and space eg area, perimeter and volume
- Problem solving
- Applying maths in context
- The functional elements of maths
By studying this course you will:
- Gain confidence and develop your understanding of working with numbers
- Learn how to interpret information for different meanings
- Develop an appreciation of how maths relates to everyday life
- Develop your confidence in working with numbers at a high level
- Understand how maths skills are used at work
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities throughout the course
You will be assessed through exams.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress on to a range of courses within the college
- This course could lead to the Access to FE programme, which is a continuation into Further Education and onto Higher Education
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |