Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 1
Course Code PD1DP6008778X
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time or Part Time
Duration One Year | One Year (FT option)
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Wellington Road Campus
Take your first step towards a career as a painter and decorator in the construction industry with this very practical qualification.
This one year programme will provide you with excellent skills and the confidence to carry out safe working practices in painting and decorating. It covers topics related to painting, decorating and general building and will give learners a basic level of understanding of the skills needed to work in the industry.
Construction Diplomas are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
This is a one year course which can be student full-time or part-time.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
- A minimum Entry Level 3 in literacy and numeracy and a commitment to the course
- A short hand written (50 words) assessment of your English skills
- An interview to be considered for this course
- A strong interest in their chosen programme of study
- The commitment to work towards improving English and maths as part of the programme
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Health , welfare and safety in construction
- Principles of building
- Erect and dismantle access equipment
- Prepare surfaces for decorating
- Apply paint by brush and roller
- Apply foundation and plain papers
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about painting and decorating techniques in practical and theory sessions
- Learn about health and safety on construction sites and how important it is
- Find out about various techniques on both paint and paper application and surface preparation
- Improve your communication skills
- Improve your numeracy and literacy skills to prepare you for a life in construction
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations. To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress on to the Diploma Level 2 in Painting and Decorating or apply for an apprenticeship in the trade.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |