Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 2
Course Code PD2DP60085848
Study Mode Full Time or Part Time | Full Time
Duration One Year (FT option) | One Year
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Wellington Road Campus
Continue on your journey towards a career as a painter and decorator in the construction industry with this very practical qualification. The course is designed for learners who want to be fully qualified in painting and decorating within the construction industry. It will provide you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to progress to a Level 3 Diploma and possible employment.
The Diploma in Construction (Painting and Decorating) Level 2 is a one year programme. It covers topics related to painting, decorating and general building and will give learners an understanding of the skills needed to work as a painter and decorator.
Construction Diplomas are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
This is a one year course which can be studied full-time or part-time.
To access this course you are required to have a Level 1 Painting & Decorating qualification.
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Carry out safe working practices
- Information, quantities and communication
- Building methods and construction technology
- Erect and dismantle access equipment
- Prepare surfaces for decorating
- Apply paint by brush and roller
- Apply foundation and plain papers
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about painting and decorating techniques in practical and theory sessions
- Find out about health and safety on construction sites and how important it is
- Learn various techniques on both paint and specialist paper applications and surface preparation
- Develop skills in marbling and wood graining
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations. To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to move on to the Level 3 Diploma Painting & Decorating or apply for an apprenticeship in the trade.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |