Performing Engineering Operations - Mechanical Engineering Level 2
Course Code PEMN260094710
Study Mode Part Time
Duration One Year
Campus Paget Road Campus
The Performing Engineering Operations - Mechanical Engineering Level 2 qualification is ideally suited if you are working in the engineering industry and forms part of the intermediate apprenticeship framework.
It provides an entry level qualification into engineering in which you will learn basic workshop skills, safe working practices and engineering communication, as well as skills in using core engineering equipment such as millers, lathes, CNC and CAD, and hand finishing techniques.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to an advanced apprenticeship and a Level 3 qualification.
To access this course you are required to be on an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme.
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines
By studying this course you will:
- Gain further knowledge and understanding of basic metal working techniques
- Develop your skills in metal joining techniques
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written Assessments
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Complete your intermediate apprenticeship
- Move to an advanced apprenticeship
- Progress to a Level 3 qualification
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |