Personal Training (Gym Based Exercise) VTCT Diploma Level 3
Course Code PSTDP6014323X
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time
Duration One Year | One Year
Campus Wellington Road Campus | Wellington Road Campus
This full-time qualification is for advanced instructors whose primary purpose is to develop and complement programmes, which bring about improvements in client's physical fitness and general health.
It is aimed at advanced instructors who are capable of planning, delivering and evaluating physical activity programmes independently and without direct supervision.
You may be currently working in the fitness industry as an instructor or be looking to build up a portfolio of your own clients, either way, this course is for you.
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (QCF) is a technical level qualification for learners seeking to work in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer, specialising in, but not limited to, gym based exercise.
This qualification has been specifically designed for the 17-19 age group and is based on fitness National Occupational Standards (NOS); also 19+ learners would benefit greatly from the programme. The qualification is recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for employment/self-employment as a personal trainer.
To access the course you are required:
- To be 17 years and above
- Have achieved 4 GCSEs at grade C or above
- Have gym experience along with knowledge in Anatomy and Physiology
- Agree to maintain a minimum of 90% attendance and be punctual as well as positive in your everyday studies
- Entry will be accepted subject to a satisfactory interview and practical assessment, police declarations, CRB and suitable references
You will also be required to attend an interview and an offer of a place on the course will be subject to satisfactory practical assessment, police declaration, CRB and the provision of suitable references.
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
- Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
- Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
As part of the course you will also complete a Functional Skills programme in and/or English or maths and develop your skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the use of number, measurements, and data analysis.
By studying this course you will gain an understanding of:
- Develop practical skills in advanced gym-based exercise, delivery of leisure activities, fitness testing and emergency first aid
- Develop interpersonal and communication skills, self evaluation and reflection
- Understand how to work with the varying user groups that may come into the fitness domain
- Develop a wide range of skills to make you more employable, including English and maths
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies,role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment along with all of the practical aspects you will need to participate fully in.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Progress to a Level 4 HNC/HND programme in sport
- Pursue a career as a personal fitness trainer in the health, fitness or leisure industry
- Join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |