Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Art and Design (QCF) (Photography)
Course Code PHOHD50092212
Study Mode Full Time
Duration Two Years
Campus Paget Road Campus
The HND in Art and Design (Photography) develops students as practitioners in the challenging creative industry, from the traditional areas of black and white darkroom based images to digital photography and image manipulation using a range of digital software. During your course you will study a programme of units relating to the development of photographic techniques and studio practice, skills including darkroom practice will be studied but with the overall emphasis on professional photographic practice.
HNDs are designed to give you the practical, vocational skills of a particular field of work which can then lead straight to a career. You can also use the qualifications to progress within your current career, for example as a stepping stone to gaining professional status. Once you complete your course HNDs can allow entry into the second or third year.
<iframe id=•unistats-widget-frame• title=•Unistats KIS Widget• src=•http://widget.unistats.ac.uk/Widget/10007578/PHOHD/horizontal/small/en-GB/FullTime• scrolling=•no• style=•overflow: hidden; border: 0px none transparent; width: 615px; height: 150px;•> </iframe>
To access this course you are required to have:
- 2 A Levels or a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Photography
- Good written and oral English and have evidence of interest / involvement in the creative / Art and Design industry.
- You will be invited to an interview offering the chance to see our facilities
- Entry is based on academic qualifications and reference.
During this course you will study:
- Photographic techniques
- Computers in photography
- Techniques and technology
- Professional studies
- Business practice
- Studio practice
- Darkroom practice
- Visual language in photography
- Interpreting images
- Digital imaging
- Advertising photography
- Creating digital images
- Location photography
- Specialist practice in photography
By studying this course you will:
- Be equipped with the knowledge, confidence, understanding and skills required for success in your future employment
- Learn how to apply complex theories to practical realistic work situations in the photography sectors
- Develop your critical awareness
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme by a variety of methods including coursework, reports, case studies, essay, presentations and observations.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career as a advertising photographer, studio / portraiture photographer, photo journalist, layout designer, illustrator, commercial designer, fashion photographer, graphic artist / designer, interactive media, package designer or web designer - graphic design
- Progress on to a top up 3rd year of a university degree course, based upon the entry requirements of the university you apply to.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |