UAL Level 2 in Photography
Course Code PH2CE50069366
Study Mode Part Time
Duration One Year
Campus Paget Road Campus
Whether a keen amateur photographer or someone looking to start a new career our Level 2 Photography course will provide you with a practical introduction to this subject and teach you a range of photographic practices including working in colour and black and white. You will learn how to control a range of cameras in both film and digital to gain creative images under a selection of lighting situations. Once your images are taken you will learn about post production, using Photoshop to further enhance or creatively manipulate the photographs you have taken.
You'll train in our dedicated facilities which include a photographic studio, graphics studio and dark rooms. The art and design department also has a large 3D design workshop and fashion and print making studios together with a range of classrooms and facilities on campus available to you including digital recording studios, TV Studios and editing suites. All tutors are active within the art and design industry and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to call upon enabling you the best opportunity to progress in your chosen career.
The course is accredited by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body (UAL). City of Wolverhampton College is the only college in the Black Country, and one of only a few in the Midlands, to be accredited and offer qualifications from University of Arts London. UAL is a specialist awarding body offering up-to-date qualifications in the creative industries. It is owned by, and based within, University of the Arts London.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Level 2 in Literacy
- Level 1 in your chosen area or some experience / knowledge of photography
- Basic use of Photoshop is desirable but not mandatory
- You should ideally have your own digital SLR camera. However, one will be provided during lesson times if you do not have one
During this course you will study:
- Studio photography
- Photo - montage
- Photoshop - image manipulation
- Mixed lighting
- Camera movement
- Slow-sync flash
- Slow shutter speeds
By studying this course you will:
- Explore appropriate camera techniques
- Use the studio and other equipment to produce test shots and develop your range of techniques
- Research and evaluate other photographers' work
- Develop and experiment with your own creative images
- Follow live briefs and fulfil them within the given timescale
- Produce a portfolio of your work
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress on to the Level 3 Photography course or further study in the art and design, photography or graphic design subject area
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |