UAL Level 3 in Photography
Course Code PICS350072882
Study Mode Part Time
Duration One Year
Campus Paget Road Campus
Our Level 3 course in Photography allows you to further develop your practical photographic skills. Throughout the course you will be exploring techniques, equipment and materials as well as research into the work of professional photographers. There will be a strong emphasis on developing photographic skills using a range of camera types and lighting techniques, underpinning your knowledge, understanding and skills for a broad range of areas in the photography industry.
You'll train in our dedicated facilities which include a photographic studio, graphics studio and dark rooms. The art and design department also has a large 3D design workshop and fashion and print making studios together with a range of classrooms and facilities on campus available to you including digital recording studios, TV studios and editing suites. All tutors are active within the art and design industry and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to call upon enabling you the best opportunity to progress in your chosen career.
As part of the National Skills Academy for Creative and Culture we pride ourselves as being at the forefront of education and training for the ever changing art and design industry. Linking with local artists and companies and regularly hosting guest speakers, allows all learners to gain current and relevant training which gives them not just a qualification, but the experience in the career they wish to pursue. Arts Council England has endorsed the quality of our teaching and learning and links with employers by awarding us 'Arts Mark Gold'.
The course is accredited by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body (UAL). City of Wolverhampton College is the only college in the Black Country, and one of only a few in the Midlands, to be accredited and offer qualifications from University of Arts London. UAL is a specialist awarding body offering up-to-date qualifications in the creative industries. It is owned by, and based within, University of the Arts London.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English and also a Level 2 in your chosen area or some experience or knowledge of photography
- Basic use of Photoshop is desirable
- You should ideally have your own digital SLR camera you can use during and outside of lessons
During this course you will study:
- Darkroom practice
- Studio techniques
- Location photography
- Experimental photography
By studying this course you will:
- Gain experience in the potential of still photography, both traditional and digital
- Learn location photography techniques where you will explore the basic principles of camera operation, lens selection, composition and visual imagery
- Learn studio based techniques where you will build on your current knowledge to further develop your skills and outcomes in the studio environment
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue further study in the art and design, photography or graphic design subject area
- It will also provide a taster for those who are considering this area as a career or vocation
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2018 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |