Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
Course Code PFCN350094397
Study Mode Full Time | Full Time
Duration One Year | One Year
Campus Metro One Campus | Metro One Campus
Are you an experienced professional chef ready to take your cooking skills to the next level?
With the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery you can step up your general cooking standards and is ideal if you have with plenty of experience in a professional kitchen and want to develop your skills further to become a specialist chef or move into a management role.
The course is also suitable if you have a Level 2 qualification in professional cookery or are currently studying Level 2 and wish to progress to the next level.
You might be currently employed as a chef, or studying in a college. You must be over 16 to take these qualifications.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) OR
- NVQ Professional Cookery Level 2 qualification
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Food hygiene Health and safety
- Effective professional communication
- Prepare cook and finish complex meat dishes
- Prepare cook and finish complex poultry dishes
- Prepare cook and finish complex fish dishes
- Prepare cook and finish complex hot sauces
- Prepare cold sauces and complex dressings
- Cook and finish Shellfish
- Prepare cook and finish complex cold desserts
By studying this course you will:
- Develop vital skills in food safety and hygiene
- Choose from a range of practical options in anything from cooking shellfish dishes to developing menus
- Develop your understanding of preparing dishes and how to present to restaurant standard
- Learn how work as part of a team and supervise others
- Develop an appreciation for tastes and textures and how to adjust dishes to bring out the flavour
- Develop your confidence identifying the quality points to look for in all produce
- Understand how the skills you are learning and how they are applied in the catering industry
- Improve your teamwork and presentation skills
This is an assessment based course with no formal exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme.
The skills you will learn on the course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the catering industry working in a range of venues including hotels, restaurants, public houses, bistros, hospitals or industrial kitchens
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |