Professional Food & Beverage Service Diploma Level 3
Course Code FB3DP60020787
Study Mode Full Time or Part Time | Full Time
Duration One Year (FT option) | One Year
Campus Metro One Campus | Metro One Campus
If you already have experience of working in a front of house role in the hospitality industry and want to progress to a supervisory role, the Level 3 Professional Food and Beverage Service course will give you the skills you need to serve up a great dining experience to customers.
You will learn supervisory skills in menu design, food safety, food and bar service, serving hot and cold beverages. taking bookings and handling payments - and is ideal if you want a career in a front of house role in a restaurant or pub or other food and beverage service venues such as hotels, conference centres and sporting events.
You will be taught at the Metro One campus in the city centre which has its own 46-seater licensed restaurant where you will serve two and three-course lunches and dinners - cooked by professional cookery students in our industry-standard training kitchen - to paying customers.
To enrol for the course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade D or above
- Some experience of working in a front of house role in the hospitality industry
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Principles of promoting food and beverage services and products
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Supervising food and beverage service
- Preparing and serving wines
- Preparing and serving alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Providing advice to customers on food and beverage matching
- Supervising hospitality events
- Preparing and serving cocktails
By studying this course you will
- Gain an understanding of the role of a supervisor in the food and beverage industry
- Learn to work as part of a team and motivate and inspire more junior members of staff
- Further your knowledge in the importance of customer care in the food and beverage industry
- Improve your confidence when dealing with customers and handling and resolving any issues they may have
- Demonstrate your theoretical knowledge of the food and beverage industry in a real working environment
- Develop communication skills that transfer to all aspects of your working life
This is an assignment-based course so there are no exams.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course by the following methods:
- Observation of your practical skills
- Verbal questioning by tutors
- Production of a portfolio (achievement folder) of what you have learnt
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress to front of house supervisory roles in a range of areas including restaurants, hotels, conferences, sporting events or private dining.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |