A Level BusinessCourse Code: BUSA2 Learning Aim Code: 50022490 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time (with 2/3 additional A Levels, Academic Skills and Tutorial) or Part-time Duration: One to Two Years Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Business makes the world go around and whatever your chosen career you will inevitably require some knowledge of business. If you have ambition, if you wish to join a global company, or one day start your own business then this A Level is the right choice for you.
A Level Business is an inter-disciplinary subject that brings together the study of marketing, finance, HRM and operations. We investigate entrepreneurs, leadership and organisational culture along with the external business environment including economic factors and globalisation. You will use current case studies of real life business to which you will be able to apply the concepts and theories that you learn.
If you would like to learn a subject that is interesting, alive, always changing and full of surprises and in the news every day, which has relevance to all our lives, then choose business!
We have a 100% A2 success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our past students. In fact, some of our past students have gone on to become teachers, bankers and accountants. Some of our past students have progressed on to study Politics at Bristol University, Marketing at Birmingham City University, Business and Management at Aberystwyth University and Finance at Loughborough. While you are on this course you will have the opportunity to visit A Level Student Conferences.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- What is a business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing, operational, financial and human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: How to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop an active rather than passive understanding of core areas of business & entrepreneurship including finance, HRM, marketing, customer service, emerging markets, globalisation and migration
- Develop the ability to ask relevant and significant questions about all aspects of business and to research them
- Develop your confidence as an effective and independent learner with an ability to think critically and reflectively with an enquiring mind
- Develop your use and understanding of business terms, concepts and skills and the ability to write extended responses to business questions
- Improve your ability to make links and draw comparisons within and/or across different areas of business
- Improve your research, analytical, critical reasoning, presentation, verbal and written skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in class debates and presentations
- The practical application of business concepts and reinforcing understanding of theories and concepts
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by three exams in year one and two.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in finance, marketing, accounting, civil service, education, human resource management, operations management, banking and retail
- Progress on to Higher Education, apprenticeships and employment
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you will need:
- Five or more GCSEs at Grade C or above, including English and Maths, and to meet the required ALIS score