AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in AccountingCourse Code: AC4DP Learning Aim Code: 60068929 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One day per week for 10 months or during the evenings for 11 months Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you're aged 19 or over, already working in the accountancy profession at accounts assistant level and want to gain a professional qualification, the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting will enhance your skills and give your career a real boost.
AAT accountancy courses give you the practical, internationally-recognised finance and accountancy skills that employers want, can open doors for you in the industry and will give you membership to a highly respected international professional body of accountants which has over 120,000 members worldwide.
The Level 4 course builds on your accounting skills and knowledge and covers financial team leader skills, including financial statements for limited companies, complex management accounting tasks, management skills and specialist learning areas relating to personal taxation and external auditing.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress in your accountancy career with a recognised professional accounting qualification or continue to study at a higher level for ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants) or CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accounts) qualifications.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO QUALIFY? There are few options to choose from - you can study this course one day per week for 10 months or during the evenings for 11 months.
ENROL NOW! You can enrol throughout the year for any of the AAT qualifications - all of the courses have multiple start dates during the year.
For more information or to enrol, call Lisa Franks on 0121 366 9312 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Financial statements of limited companies
- Management accounting: budgeting
- Management accounting: decision and control
- Personal Tax
- External auditing
- Accounting systems and controls
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop a better understanding of the legislation and professional ethics surrounding accounting
- Develop a working knowledge and application of standard costing
- Improve and develop your accounting skills
- Learn how to prepare personal tax computations
- Meet with others and share skills and knowledge with people who are in an accounting role
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Five computer-based assessments at the end of each module
- One synoptic assessment
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress in your accountancy career with a recognised professional accounting qualification
- Continue to study for ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants) or CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accounts) qualifications
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to:
- Be aged 19 years or over
- Have successfully completed and achieved AAT Level 3 attaining either first or second time passes, with City of Wolverhampton College – FMBS AAT Academy and;
- Have relevant skills, knowledge and experience in accountancy, evidenced by either working within a finance role or through substantial voluntary work within the finance sector and;
- Have successfully passed the entrance assessment to be offered a place at Level 4 by the Academy.
All enrolments to AAT Level 4 will be subject to an interview with a member of the AAT team.