Access to A Levels – Science PathwayCourse Code: GLEVP Learning Aim Code: Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to do A Levels but haven’t got the right grades for the subjects you want to study then this is the course for you!
The Access to A Levels programme will give you the opportunity to study a range of GCSEs, including English and maths, so that you can progress to the college’s A Level courses next year.
The programme enables you to follow one of two pathways – humanities or science – depending on the subjects you wish to study and will open doors to further and higher education opportunities or progression to university.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study:
- GCSE English
- GCSE maths
- Science GCSEs (including biology, chemistry, physics and psychology)
- Learn about the English language
- Develop your understanding of writing techniques
- Learn how to interpret information for different meanings
- Functional elements of maths
- Nature of science and scientific processes
- Relationships between hypotheses, evidence, theories and explanations
- Observational, practical, modeling, enquiry and problem solving skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities
- Problem solving
- Analysis and evaluation skills
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
How will I be assessed?
All GCSEs are assessed through exams and controlled assessments.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to apply for the college’s A Level programme
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access the course you will require four GCSEs at Grade D or above (including English and maths)