AS Level PsychologyCourse Code: PSYAS Learning Aim Code: 60148378 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time (with two/three additional A Levels and Tutorial) or Part-time Duration: 1/2 Years Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
The study of the mind and how people and animals behave is an exciting and ever advancing science. If you are fascinated by how the brain works then this is the right course for you.
This A Level will teach you about how people interact, how memory works, the influence of the unconscious mind and the relationship between biological processes and psychological functions. It is an ideal complement to anyone studying a physical science, and will prepare you for a wide range of careers.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Social psychology
- Cognitive psychology
- Biological psychology
- Learning theories
- Clinical psychology
- Child psychology
- Psychological skills
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of the scientific nature of psychology
- Learn how the mind works and human behaviour
- Develop an appreciation for the skills, knowledge and understanding of psychology
- Develop your confidence as an effective and independent learner with an ability to think critically and reflectively with an enquiring mind
- Understand how psychology is applied to child, criminological and clinical psychology
- Improve your skills in data analysis, information technology and problem solving
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in practical experiments
- Pursue a career in teaching, human resources, police force, counseling, probation services, social work, marketing and nursing
- Progress on to Higher Education or apprenticeships
- Five or more GCSEs at Grade C including English or maths and to meet the required ALIS
How will I be assessed?
This is an exam based course and you will sit three exams at the end of each year.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: