Beauty Diploma City & Guilds Level 1Course Code: BY1DP Learning Aim Code: 50063467 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One year Campus: Metro One Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you’re passionate about beauty and want to work in the industry the City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma will teach you the practical and theory skills you need to become a Level 1 qualified beauty therapist. You will gain skills in a range of areas including skin care, make-up, manicures and pedicures, as well as important customer service and communication skills which will set you on the road to a successful career in the industry.
Whilst studying the course you will also benefit from enrichment activities to develop your skills further and learn more about careers in the industry – recent speakers have included representatives from IBD Just Gel Polish, Studex ear piercing and Sienna X tanning, photographic, media and airbrush make up artists, Ragdale Hall Health Hydro talking about careers in the spa industry and Steiner promoting careers working on cruise ships.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- 1. Basic make-up application
- 2. The art of photographic make-up
- 3. Themed face painting
- 4. Skin care
- 5. Creating a hair and beauty image
- 6. Providing basic pedicure treatments
- 7. Providing basic manicure treatments
- 8. Nail art
- 9. Presenting a professional image in the salon
- 10. Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- 11. Salon reception duties
- 12. Health and safety in the salon
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop skills to be able to perform specific beauty-related services.
- Gain knowledge in anatomy and physiology relevant to various services.
- Develop customer care and communication skills to deal with enquiries, retail, consultation, complaints and all forms of client care.
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Continuous assessment of practical tasks
- Online tests to assess your knowledge and understanding
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in beauty therapy and related industries
- Progress to a Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above