Beauty Therapy Diploma Level 3Course Code: BY3DP Learning Aim Code: 60105604 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One year Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you’re interested in beauty and want an exciting career in the industry this course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to become a fully qualified beauty therapist and provide treatments to customers in beauty salons and spas or to passengers on a cruise ship.
You will learn a range of advanced skills – including body massage, Indian head massage, electrotherapy and microdermabrasion - and provide treatments to clients in our fully equipped industry-standard beauty salons.
You will use your skills to raise money for charity and will provide treatments in local hospitals, get the chance to put your skills to the test in national and international competitions, and meet beauty companies and get additional training during an industry week.
You will also learn how to deliver first class customer service and promote products to clients, as well as the importance of health and safety in the workplace - all of which will impress future employers and equip you for a dynamic career in the beauty industry or with the knowledge you need to progression to a higher level of study.
Whilst studying the course you will get the chance to put your skills to the test by competing in a range of external competitions such as the WorldSkills UK competition in which one of our students studying for the Level 3 Diploma in Spa and Body scooped a prestigious bronze medal.
You will also benefit from listening to speakers who visit the college to talk to students about working in the industry – recent guests have included representatives from IBD Just Gel Polish.
This is a one year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Body massage
- Facial electrotherapy treatments
- Indian head massage
- Micro dermabrasion
- Stone therapy massage
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop skills to be able to carry out specific beauty-related services
- Gain knowledge in anatomy and physiology relevant to the various services
- Develop customer care and communication skills to deal with enquiries, retail, consultation, complaints and all forms of client care
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Continuous assessment of practical tasks through graded criteria
- Online tests to assess your knowledge and understanding
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn on this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in beauty therapy and related industries
- Progress to a higher level qualification or a university degree in a related field
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) OR
- Level 2 Beauty related diploma or NVQ