Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship – Level 2Course Code: BE2DP-1P4A Learning Aim Code: Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 14 months Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you’re interested in beauty and want to earn while you learn, and apprenticeship is an ideal way of combining working in the industry with studying for your qualifications at college.
As a beauty therapy apprentice you will work for as a trainee therapist for an employer, as well as study for relevant industry-recognised qualifications at college. You will also get the chance to develop your skills by treating clients in the college's own Academy beauty salon at the metro One campus in the city centre.
Completing the beauty therapy apprenticeship (Level 2) will enable you to progress to an advanced (Level 3) apprenticeship or a full-time Level 3 course.
What will I learn?
Throughout the course you will study the following units:
- Provide facial treatments
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Provide waxing treatments
- Provide hand and nail treatments
- Provide foot treatments
- Provide make-up application
- Provide a massage treatment
Within each unit you will also study health and safety and consultation with clients
In addition to the above units you will also study English and maths functional skills, unless you have already gained GCSEs at grade C or above in these subjects.
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Understand how different beauty treatments work and how they are applied
- Develop your confidence in dealing with a wide range of customers
- Improve your communication and customer service skills
- Gain valuable experience of working as part of a team in a commercial salon
- Develop your understanding of the health and safety in the industry
How will I be assessed?
You will be formatively assessed on different treatments and undertake an externally set and marked synoptic exam, as well as practical synoptic assessments across a range of treatments.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress to a Level 3 beauty course
- Progress to an advanced (Level 3) beauty therapy apprenticeship
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this apprenticeship.