Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship (Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 2)Course Code: BE2DP-1P4A Learning Aim Code: Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 14 months Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you’re interested in beauty and want to earn while you learn, and apprenticeship is an ideal way of combining working in the industry with studying for your qualifications at college.
You will work for as a trainee therapist for an employer and develop your practical and theory skills in the college’s industry-standard beauty academy.
The apprenticeship programme will also cover health and safety, along with personal learning and thinking skills.
Completing a Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship will enable you to work as a junior beauty therapist, manicurist or skin care and make up consultant in a variety of locations including beauty salons, cruise ships, spas health clubs, hospitals, care homes.
What will I learn?
Throughout the course you will study the following modules:
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Provide make-up services
- Provide Threading Services
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce the risk to health and safety
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work You will also improve your functional skills in English and maths (unless you already have a GCSE grade C or above in either subject).
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Understand how different beauty treatments work and how they are applied
- Theory of treatments relating to human anatomy
- Improve your communication and practical customer service skills
- Gain valuable experience of team working through work placement and working in the college's commercial salon
- Develop your understanding of the health and safety in the industry
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme in the folliwing ways:
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Gain employment at a junior level in a salon or spa
- Progress to a level 3 beauty course
- Progress to a Level 3 beauty apprenticeship
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: