Energy Efficiency BPEC Part LCourse Code: GEFCE Learning Aim Code: Z0001984 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
The Part L qualification is designed for central heating installers that need to self-certificate their work via one of the Competent Persons Schemes (CPS). The course covers the requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations. The BPEC Assessments undertaken at our Wellington Rd Campus provide the qualifications required for engineers to become registered. This is a one day course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Energy efficiency considerations
- The environment
- Customer benefits
- Boiler efficiency
- CHESS best practice
- Combination boiler
- Radiator sizing
- Boiler sizing
- Weather compensation
- Commissioning systems
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of Building Regulation Part L and associated legislation
- Find out about the central heating specification contained in Part L
- Learn about the importance of SEDBUK when choosing a new boiler
- Discover the minimum standards for the installation or replacement of hot water cylinders
How will I be assessed?
The qualification normally takes one-day to complete and is assessed by a short multi-choice theory examination.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to work towards level 2 and level 3 plumbing and heating courses.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you will need to be an experienced installer of gas, oil, or solid fuel domestic central heating systems.