Bricklaying Level 2Course Code: BW2DP Learning Aim Code: 60079137 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road
Is this the right course for me?
Have you completed your Level 1 Bricklaying course and want to continue on your journey to becoming a bricklayer?
If so this course is for you! This practical qualification will provide you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to progress to a Level 3 Diploma and possible employment.
Construction Certificates are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about bricklaying techniques in practical and theory sessions
- Find out about health and safety on construction sites and how important it is
- Improve your communication skills
- Learn about numeracy and literacy skills to prepare you for a life in construction
How will I be assessed?
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress on to the Level 3 in Bricklaying.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Successful completion of a Level 1 Bricklaying course.