Bricklaying Level 3Course Code: BL3DP Learning Aim Code: 60080838 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Have you completed a Level two bricklaying course? Do you want to continue your journey to become a bricklayer? Do you like the idea of studying in state-of-the-art facilities, with expert tutors and great support. If so this course is for you!
The course is designed for learners who want to be fully qualified within the construction industry. It will provide you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to progress to BTEC Construction management and possible employment.
Construction Certificates are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
This is a one year part-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Unit 201/601 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Constructing radial and battered brickwork
- Carrying out decorative and reinforced brickwork
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about bricklaying techniques in practical and theory sessions
- Learn about health and safety on construction sites and how important it is
- Improve your communication skills
- Boost your numeracy and literacy skills to prepare you for a life in construction
How will I be assessed?
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations. To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Successful completion of a full level 2 study programme in Bricklaying