Business BTEC Diploma Level 3Course Code: BUSDP Learning Aim Code: 60038895 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are interested in a career in business this course will develop your skills and knowledge of national and global organisations and of basic management techniques, human and technological resource planning, marketing strategies, starting a small business and supporting business organisations.
You will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations which will test your knowledge, develop the business skills required by employers and prepare you for a role in a variety of sectors within the industry.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- The business environment
- Business resources
- Introduction to marketing
- Business communication
- Optional units which may include recruitment and selection, starting a small business, project management and supporting business activities
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of managing a team
- Learn how the recruitment and selection process operates
- Develop an appreciation for business concepts
- Develop your executive presentation skills
- Learn time management and organisational strategies
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in charity or college events
- Understand how valuable financial forecasting is to organisations
How will I be assessed?
This is mainly an assignment-based course with some observations carried out by your tutors.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in business or administration
- Progress to a HND or Foundation Degree course
What are the Entry Requirements?
To study this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses), or successful completion of a full level 2 study programme, however for mature students, previous experience or a willingness to succeed and progress will be taken into account
- A good grasp of English is required, as this is an assignment based course