Business BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2Course Code: BUSEC Learning Aim Code: 60068164 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Do you want to work in the dynamic and challenging world of business?
BTEC qualifications are designed to provide practical, work-related learning and this course will enable you to become more commercially aware and develop the essential business skills employers look for. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and will gain skills and knowledge to help you get a job in the profession, progress to a more responsible position if you already have a job, or move on to a Level 3 programme or apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Enterprise in the business world
- Finance for business
- Promoting a brand
- Principles of customer service
- Introducing retail business
- Providing business support
- Recruitment, selection and employment
- Principles of marketing
- Using business documentation
- Building successful business teams
- Business online
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of the economic environment and how businesses are affected
- Understand how valuable financial forecasting is to organisations’ success
- Learn the basics of how products and services are marketed by organisations
- Learn about the different types of customers and how important they are
- Gain introductory knowledge of how retail businesses operate
- Learn time management and organisational strategies
- Learn how to present business documentation professionally
- Learn how the recruitment and selection process operates
- Develop an appreciation for business concepts
- Develop your executive presentation skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in charity or college events
- Learn how to run a business using the internet
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Two externally examined units – finance and marketing
- Observations by tutors
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn on the course will enable you to: Pursue a career in business or administration. Progress on to a Level 3 course or apprenticeship Progress to a HND or Foundation Degree
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: Four or more GCSESs at Grade D or above, or successful completion of a full level 1 study programme however, for mature students, previous experience or a willingness to succeed and progress will be taken into account