Business BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3Course Code: BUSED Learning Aim Code: 50067461 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to develop a solid understanding of business management to enable you to pursue a career in the profession, this course will develop your knowledge and understanding in all aspects of business.
BTEC qualifications are designed to provide practical, work-related learning and the course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to prepare for employment in a business environment and work in a variety of specialisms in the industry.
You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and will develop a range of skills to prepare you for the world of work, enable you to add value to business activities in an organisation, succeed in a range of business roles or progress to a more responsible position if you already have a job.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Exploring team development
- Understanding retailing
- Health & safety
- Project management
- Business ethics
- Starting a small business
- Business and economic environment
- Managing business information
- Supply chain
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Development a knowledge and understanding of all aspects of a business
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in team events
- Develop your confidence in presentations
How will I be assessed?
There are no exams - this is mainly an assignment-based course with some observations carried out by your tutors. All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction
What can I do next?
Achieving this qualification will enable you to:
- Get a job in the business industry
- Progress to a higher education foundation degree, HND, degree or other professional development programme.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths OR
- BTEC Level 3 – 90 credit Diploma in Business