Business Management Foundation Degree (Arts)Course Code: BSNDE Learning Aim Code: Z0002026 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Three years Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Working in the business industry is an exciting career choice and if you want to learn about general business, marketing, accounting, human resources and other business-related topics, this is the course for you!
The Foundation Degree will introduce you to the business industry and, with the support of experienced tutors and working independently and in groups, you will develop the skills and confidence you need for a successful career in the profession.
The Foundation Degree is run in partnership with the University of Wolverhampton and, after gaining the qualification, if you wish to further develop your understanding of business and management you can progress onto the final year of the BA (Hons) in Business Management at the university.
This course is available to study part-time over three years with option to progress to final year ‘top-up’ course at the University of Wolverhampton leading to a full BA (Hons) degree.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Managing individuals at work
- Managing financial resources
- Marketing principles
- Analytical skills for business
- Global business environment
- Foundation learning in the workplace
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of working in a business organisation
- Learn key business concepts and theories
- Develop an appreciation for human resource management
- Develop your confidence in dealing with business queries and learn problem solving skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities
- Sharpen your time management skills
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment-based course, with percentage grades awarded for the assignments you submit - if you want to achieve a first-class degree, or a 2.1, it is important to aim for 60-70% per module. The majority of assignments are completed on an individual basis, however some group assignments take place where your group will rely on team cohesion and effective time management skills.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in business
- Progress to a management course
- Should you wish to further develop your understanding of business and management you can progress onto the final year of the BA (Hons) in Business Management at the University of Wolverhampton
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- A Level 3 course such as A Levels or a BTEC Extended Diploma, however previous experience or a willingness to succeed and progress will be taken into account
- A good level of written English is required as this is an assignment-based course
- Applicants apply direct to the college, or via UCAS to the University of Wolverhampton