Business Improvement Techniques Level 2 Intermediate ApprenticeshipCourse Code: BTDN2 Learning Aim Code: 50065907 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 18 months Campus: In company
Is this the right course for me?
In order to remain competitive in today’s challenging business environment, companies need to be constantly looking at how to improve business performance. This qualification will help you contribute to the overall efficiency of your place of work by giving you the skills required to initiate change.
BIT qualifications complement those already gained, but are equally appropriate as first qualifications. They are intended to maximise an organisation’s profit and revenue by the elimination of waste and the creation of flow through the business by reducing cost and variation. They are also intended to improve responsiveness by making more effective use of people and physical assets.
The NVQ Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) is a blend of classroom-based and workplace competency-based qualifications, ensuring you understand the concepts of lean manufacturing and can contribute to the implementation of business improvement within your job role to certified health and safety regulations.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) This certificate provides the underpinning knowledge required to contribute to the application of business improvement, implementing lean practices and continuous improvement techniques within the workplace and complements the performance aspect of the framework. Based on the knowledge element of the NVQ, this is completed through taught input sessions, internal assessments (multi-choice question papers) and a final outcome test where a minimum score of 60% is required.
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) After the successful completion of the Level 2 Technical Certificate, you will engage in contributing towards team-based improvement activities, from which you will be assessed across the mandatory and optional Business Improvement Techniques unit standards as well as underpinning knowledge.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) This covers nine key outcomes including statutory rights and responsibilities to career pathways and gives you a wider appreciation of their responsibilities and those of the employer.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) You will fill out an evidence recording document. The PLTS booklet comprises six groups of skills that are essential to success in learning, life and work. The booklet captures the essential skills of managing relationships with others, managing own learning and performance at work. The booklet should be updated throughout your Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn how to create effective team working
- Find out how to identify and eliminate waste
- Learn how to create flow and improve quality leading to greater efficiency and increased profitability
- Discover how to use visual management systems
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in the workplace and will be required to be involved in training room scenarios to prepare you for workplace application of BIT and enable you to achieve by contributing to business improvement activities. Both the training and application is delivered in organisational teams. You and your assessor discuss the available units and decide on the best combination to meet your needs and the needs of the organisation.
What can I do next?
After successfully completing this course, you could:
- Progress onto a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) or an NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT)
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no entry qualifications or age limits required to undertake the qualification, unless this is a legal requirement of the process or the environment. Assessment is open to any learner who has the potential to achieve the assessment criteria set out in the qualification and can be applied to all businesses and business situations.