Business Improvement Techniques Level 3 Advanced ApprenticeshipCourse Code: BTNN3 Learning Aim Code: 50108566 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 18 -24 months Campus: In-company
Is this the right course for me?
In order for businesses to improve performance, change within the workplace has to take place. The change starts with the Business Improvement Techniques qualifications which will enable organisations to train their employees towards the competencies they will need.
BIT qualifications complement those already gained, but are equally appropriate as first qualifications. They are intended to maximise an organisation’s profit and revenue by the elimination of waste and the creation of flow through the business by reducing cost and variation. They are also intended to improve responsiveness by making more effective use of people and physical assets.
The NVQ Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) is a blend of classroom-based and workplace competency-based qualifications, ensuring you understand the concepts of Lean Manufacturing. This can lead to the implementation of business improvement within your job role to certified health and safety regulations.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Level 3 Technical Certificate in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) This certificate provides the underpinning knowledge required to lead business improvement, implement lean practices and continuous improvement techniques within the workplace and complements the performance aspect of the framework. The certificate is attained through the satisfactory completion of work-based assignments.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) After the successful completion of assignments and theoretical components of the Apprenticeship, you will engage in applying and leading improvement activities that will be assessed across the mandatory and optional Business Improvement Techniques unit standards as well as underpinning knowledge.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) This covers nine key outcomes including statutory rights and responsibilities to career pathways and gives you a wider appreciation of their responsibilities and those of the employer.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) You will fill out an evidence recording document. The PLTS booklet comprises six groups of skills that are essential to success in learning, life and work. The booklet captures the essential skills of managing relationships with others, managing own learning and performance at work. The booklet should be updated throughout your Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn how to lead effective teams
- Find out how to apply of workplace organisation techniques
- Discover more about the application of continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen)
- Learn how to develop visual management systems
- Find out about organisational safety requirements
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in the workplace and will be required to be involved in training room scenarios to prepare you for workplace application of BIT; enabling you to lead teams to carry out business improvement activities. Both the training and application is delivered in organisational teams. You and your assessor discuss the available units and decide on the best combination to meet your needs and the needs of the organisation.
What can I do next?
After successfully completing this course you could progress on to:
- Progress onto an NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no entry qualifications or age limits required to undertake the qualification; unless this is a legal requirement of the process or the environment. Assessment is open to any Learner who has the potential to achieve the assessment criteria set out in the qualification and can be applied to all businesses and business situations.