Business Management Techniques for Engineers (bite-sized HE course)Course Code: BMTUP Learning Aim Code: Z0001940 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time bite-sized HE course - a module from the HNC/D in Engineering Duration: 16 weeks – one half-day per week Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are a manager, project engineer or trainee manager within an engineering or manufacturing company this short part-time module – part of the HNC/D qualification in engineering – will give you an insight into the functions, structures and inter-relationships of an engineering business and help you to develop skills in costing, financial planning and control associated with engineered products or services.
The course will also be beneficial to people working in sales, continuous improvement team or other business related industries.
What will I learn?
By studying this module you will learn how to:
- Manage work activities to achieve organisational objectives
- Select and apply costing systems and techniques
- Understand the key functions of financial planning and control
- Apply project planning and scheduling methods to an engineering project
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
Completion of the module will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
As this module is part of an HNC/D qualification, you are required to be over 18 years of age and have the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels – preferably in maths or science OR
- BTec certificate or diploma in engineering or a related discipline
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work/life experience- Non-EU students are required to have an IELTS or equivalent university qualification