Carpentry & Joinery Diploma Level 2Course Code: CJ2DP Learning Aim Code: 60080474 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time or Part-time evenings Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Do you want to continue on your journey to become a carpenter and joiner?
Have you completed a Level 1 carpentry and joinery course?
If so this course is for you!
The Level 2 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery is designed for students who want to be fully qualified in carpentry and joinery within the construction industry. It covers topics related to quantities and communications and construction technology and will provide you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to progress to a Level 3 Diploma and possible employment.
Construction Diplomas are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Maintenance to non-structural work
- Understanding quantities and and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- First fix operations
- Second fix operations
- Structural carcassing operations
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about carpentry and joinery techniques in practical and theory sessions
- Find out about health and safety on construction sites and how important it is to work effectively with others
- Learn about various techniques and carpentry and joinery skills
- Develop your communication and team working skills
- Improve your numeracy and literacy skills to prepare you for a life in construction
How will I be assessed?
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress on to the Diploma Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Successful completion of a Level 1 Carpentry & Joinery course.