Carpentry & Joinery Diploma Level 3Course Code: CJ3DP Learning Aim Code: 60079952 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to work as a carpenter and joiner at a highly skilled level – maybe even in a supervisory or management role, we can help give you the tools for the job!
The Level 3 Diploma is ideal for anyone who wants to embark on a rewarding career in this industry or who is already working in a related field and want to improve their career prospects, and will provide you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to progress on to a BTEC in Construction Management or employment.
Construction Diplomas are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
This is a one year part-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Analysing technical information quantities and and communication with others
- Analysing the construction industry and built environment
- Erect complex structural carcassing components
- Install and maintain non-structural and structural components
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about carpentry and joinery techniques in practical and theory sessions
- Look at various techniques on carpentry and joinery skills and sustainability in the built environment
How will I be assessed?
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations. To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress on to the Diploma Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery
- Pursue a career as a carpenter and joiner
What are the Entry Requirements?
Successful completion of a Level 2 carpentry and joinery qualification.