Nail Technology City & Guilds CertificateCourse Code: NTECE Learning Aim Code: 50092017 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 22 weeks - one evening per week (Thursdays 5pm-9pm) - 15/9/16 - 22/3/17 Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
Do you want to become a nail technician? This course will teach you the practical and theory skills required to become a fully qualified nail technician and offer a range of nail enhancements - such as gel, acrylic, silk and fibre glass - to customers. As well as learning about gel nail enhancements, you will also gain knowledge of client care, how to promote nail products and services, and health and safety in the salon - all the skills you need for a successful career in the industry.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Providing and maintaining nail enhancements
- Client care and communication skills
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Health and safety in the salon
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain knowledge in the preparing, applying and maintaining gel nail extension
- Develop confidence in dealing with a wide range of clients
- Improve your communication and customer service skills
- Gain experience of working as part of a team in a commercial salon
- Develop your understanding of health and safety in the industry
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed throughout the course in the following ways:
- Continuous assessment of practical tasks
- End of unit exam
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in nail technology
- Progress to Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in beauty therapy
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- An interest in nail treatments
- A good level of written and spoken English You will also be require to purchase your own kit (estimated cost £100) and uniform (estimated cost £50) - order forms will be provided when you start the course.