Nail Technology Certificate – Level 2 (part-time)Course Code: NTECE Learning Aim Code: 50092017 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 20 weeks - one evening (four hours) per week September 2017 - February 2018 Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you're interested in nails and want an exciting career in the beauty industry this course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to become a qualified nail technician and provide nail enhancement treatments to clients.
You will learn a broad range of skills including gel nail enhancements, how to promote nail products and services, client care and health and safety in the salon – all the skills you need for a successful career in the industry.
The course will also give you the qualification needed for insurance purposes to perform all types of nail enhancements.The course is taught at our Metro One campus in the centre of Wolverhampton which has its own hair and beauty salons where you will gain real experience of working with customers in a commercial setting and of using professional nail products such as IBD, OPI and CND Vinylux.
What will I learn?
During this course you will learn how to:
- Provide and maintain nail enhancements
- Demonstrate client care and communication skills
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn how to prepare, apply and maintain gel nail extensions
- Develop confidence in dealing with a wide range of clients
- Improve your communication and customer service skills
- Gain knowledge and experience of working as part of a team in a commercial salon
- Develop your understanding of health and safety in the industry
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed throughout the course in the following ways:
- Observation of practical work with clients
- End of unit multiple choice exam
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Gain employment as a nail technician
- Progress to a Level 2 qualification in beauty therapy
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requiremetns for this coursem however you are required to have:
- A passion for nail care and enhancements
- A good level of written and spoken English You will also be require to purchase your own kit (estimated cost £100) and uniform (estimated cost £50) - order forms will be provided when you start the course.