Programming Expert HNC (BTEC HNC Diploma in Computing & Systems Development (QCF))Course Code: COMHC Learning Aim Code: 50082541 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you passionate about programming? If so, then this course is right for you!
You will have the opportunity to develop your practical skills and knowledge in the following areas: business skills required for ecommerce, computer systems, employability skills making you attractive to employers, procedural programming, object orientated programming and event driven programming this will give you the skills to move on to advanced programming skills and apply these skills to the creation of an advanced web site.
The course will also provide you with the Level 5 qualification required to progress onto a HND in Computing and Systems Development or to study at University to gain a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Business skills for e-commerce
- Computer systems
- Employability and professional development
- Procedural programming
- Object orientated programming
- Event driven programming solutions
- Data structures and algorithms
- Web application development
- Develop business skills required for e-commerce
- Learn the attributes of employees that are valued by employers
- Learn the components of computer systems
- Practice the fundamentals of procedural programming
- Learn Programming paradigms in object orientated programming
- Implement the features of event driven programming
- Implement advanced programming methods
- Learn how projects are managed
- Four GCSEs at grade C or above, which must include maths, English and a full Level 3 qualification in a computing related area
- You must be aged 18 or above to study a HNC/D qualification
- Alternatively you must be an employee with a modern apprentice at Level 3, have an Access to HE certificate or be a mature person who has worked in IT and /or computing who is assessed as being able to study at this level
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment-based course and there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme either through assessment or observation. All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress on to a degree top-up programme at most universities such as computing, games development, web design or software engineering.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: