Computing Concepts Level 2Course Code: ITCEC Learning Aim Code: 60060724 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you looking for a career as a Web Developer, Games Designer or Network Administrator?
BTEC Level 2 qualifications are designed to provide specialist work-related learning and this course will give you the solid foundation you need to fulfil your ambition.
You will get the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the following areas: System Support, Games Software Development and IT and will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations.
The course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to prepare for a job in the industry or provide career development opportunities if you already in a job. It will also enable you to progress to a Level 3 programme or an apprenticeship.
We have a 100% achievement rate on this course and excellent feedback from our students.
This is a one year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Communicating in the IT industry
- Working in the IT industry
- Computer systems
- Installing hardware
- Website development
- Computer graphics
- Developing computer games
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn how to use IT software to communicate and exchange information safely, securely and effectively
- Learn what characteristics are valued by employers and understand the common job roles undertaken by people working in the IT industry
- Learn the basic hardware and software components that make up computer systems and carry out basic installation and configuration
- Develop skills to enable you to create, design and publish a multi-page website for a local company
- Understand the social impacts of computer games and have the opportunity to design and test a simple game
- Develop skills to produce computer graphics, using the software and hardware required to generate and manipulate computer generated images
How will I be assessed?
The course is internally assessed, through a combination of assignment portfolios and witness statements.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the computing and IT field in a range of roles including games designer, network administrator, website developer, IT analyst, IT technician
- Progress on to the BTEC National Level 3 Computing and Games Development course or an apprenticeship
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade E or above, including maths, English and one technical subject such as science, IT, graphics, design & technology, etc OR
- Level 1 ICT-related qualification at distinction/merit level