Construction & the Built Environment HNC (BTEC HNC Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (QCF))Course Code: CONHC Learning Aim Code: 50082760 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Two Years Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
More and more construction employers are looking for workers that have higher level qualifications, so gaining a HNC in Construction could help you land those jobs you want. If you are looking to follow and develop one of the many professional careers in construction, such as management, architecture, design, quantity surveying, building surveying and land surveying then this is the course for you.
This is a two year part-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Design principles and application
- Science and materials
- Management of principles and applications
- Health, safety and welfare
- Site surveying
- Contractual procedures
- Measuring, estimating and tendering
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about management principles
- Find out about the management of construction organisations and human resources, together with basic construction planning and elements of site administration
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will take place by assignments. You will be continually assessed throughout the program. There are several components to the assessment, both theoretical and practical.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the construction management industry
- Progress on to the Construction Management HND
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- At least one A Level together with a grade C GCSE in English and Mathematics or a BTEC National Certificate / BTEC National Diploma in Construction or related discipline
- You must be aged 18 or above to study a HNC/D qualification
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work and life experience
- For non-EU students an IELTS 6 is required or equivalent University of Wolverhampton qualification