Construction & Maintenance of Buildings – bite-sized HE courseCourse Code: CNMUP Learning Aim Code: Z0001944 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time: bite-sized HE course - a module from the HNC/D in Construction and the Built Environment Duration: 14 weeks - one half-day per week Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you work in the building industry this short part-time course – a module from the HNC/D in Construction and the Built Environment qualification – will give you an understanding of how the techniques of site investigation and evaluation can influence the design, construction and maintenance of buildings and their substructures.
Our construction centre is the perfect place for you to develop your skills and knowledge of the construction profession. Our fully equipped, specialist workshops contain industry standard equipment, meaning you are able to develop your knowledge to a high level. You will also be taught by tutors who have a wealth of industry experience, and who will help you get to grips with this fast-paced industry.
What will I learn?
Completion of the module will give you an understanding of:
- Techniques used in site investigation and evaluation
- Types of superstructure design and construction
- Causes of decay and deterioration of buildings
What skills will I gain?
By studying this module you will:
- Be introduced to the fundamental aspects of construction technology
- Understand and compare standard design forms, site investigation and evaluation methods
- Gain an understanding of how decay, pollution and dilapidations can affect buildings
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
Completion of the module will enable you to:
- Use the skills you have gained in the workplace
- Continue with further study and progress to the HNC/D in Construction and the Built Environment
What are the Entry Requirements?
As this module is part of an HNC/D qualification, you are required to be over 18 years of age and have the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels – preferably English and Maths and/or Science
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma / Extended diploma OR subsidiary diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
- Mature student will be considered in light of relevant work/life experience- Non-EU students are required to have an IELTS or equivalent university qualification