Construction Management BTEC Diploma Level 3Course Code: CO3DP Learning Aim Code: 60110958 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Two Years Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you passionate about construction?
Are you keen to learn more about how you could earn a living working in construction management?
Do you have the ambition to go to enter higher education to gain a HNC or degree within construction management fields of study?
If you have answered yes to these three questions this is the course for you!
This course will be useful if you are looking to pursue a career or gain an understanding of construction management, environmental protection, conservation, construction, architecture and civil engineering.
This is a two year part-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Construction technology and design
- Building technology
- Surveying in construction
- Sustainable construction
- Construction in civil engineering
- Mathematics in construction
- Project management
- Measuring, estimating and tendering
- Building surveying
- Building regulations
- Graphical detailing
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain an understanding of construction management, environmental protection, conservation, construction, architecture and civil engineering.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will take place by assignments. You will be continually assessed throughout the program. There are several components to the assessment, both theoretical and practical.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the construction management industry
- Progress onto the Construction Management HNC
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at grade C or above (which must contain English and mathematics) OR
- Level 2 qualification in a related vocational area OR
- Substantial industry experience