Construction & Built Environment BTEC Subsidiary Diploma Level 3Course Code: CO3SD Learning Aim Code: 50071403 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Would you like to pursue a career in the technical side of the construction industry?
Would you like to gain practical skills and knowledge on a part-time basis?
This course will give you a broad introduction to the construction industry, including elements of architecture, civil engineering, construction management, environmental protection and conservation.
This course will be useful if you are looking to pursue a career or gain an understanding of construction management, environmental protection, conservation, construction, architecture and civil engineering.
This is a one year part-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Construction technology and design
- Building technology
- Surveying in construction
- Sustainable construction
- Construction in civil engineering
- Mathematics in construction
- Science and materials
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of construction management, environmental protection and conservation, construction, architecture and civil engineering
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will take place by assignments. You will be continually assessed throughout the program. There are several components to the assessment, both theoretical and practical.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the construction management industry
- Progress onto a construction management HNC
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at grade C or above (which must contain English and mathematics) OR
- Level 2 qualification in a vocational area OR substantial industry experience