Counselling Skills and Theories NCFE Diploma Level 3Course Code: CNSS3 Learning Aim Code: 60007278 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
This course is ideal for anyone who has successfully completed the Level 2 course in counselling skills, and wishes to continue developing further knowledge and skills.
The course combines theory and practice in the classroom and equips you with the knowledge and understanding of ethical practice and how to work in a diverse environment.
There are no placement requirements for this course, but many students find voluntary placements at this stage of their development.
Students are expected to attend six hours of study in college. The Level 3 course presents more academic demands and you will be expected to allocate at least another six hours of study per week outside the classroom.
Completion of the Level 3 course is necessary before applying to the Diploma at Level 5 in Therapeutic Counselling.
We have above 90% success rate, with the majority of our students progressing onto Level 5, or who are able to use it at work. Many have successfully use this qualification to support them in job such as in teaching, personnel, safe guarding officer and youth workers.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Developing counselling skills
- Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
- Working ethically with counselling skills
- Counselling skills and diversity
- Counselling skills and personal development
- A sound knowledge of counselling skills and theories
- A progression route onto the Diploma course
- A critical understanding of ethical practice and diversity issues
- A greater self-awareness and an increased confidence in using and applying counselling skills
- A useful qualification for many occupations where counselling and communication skills are important
- Apply for work where helping skills are used
- Progress onto a higher level course in counselling
- Four GCSEs at Grade C or above including English Language (or equivalent functional skill at Level 2)
- To have completed the Level 2 course in counselling skills
- A reference from previous tutor/employer
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain:
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme by completing written assignments, case study analysis, individual and group presentations, reflective accounts and evaluation of practice. The course is externally moderated by NCFE.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you will need: